To sign up for access to the KU Community Cluster, you must:
- Have a KU account. If you are an external user, you must first have a Sponsored Temporary Account. Whomever requests the STA will need to select all 4 Services (KU Online ID, Active Directory/Public Lab Access,
KU Email Account, and KU Anywhere (VPN)
- Reach out to an owner group to be a part of. If you don't know of any owner groups please email email@example.com.
- If you would like to purchase hardware to become an owner group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have all the above, then fill out the form for a New Account.
If your request is approved, your KU email address will be added to the KU Community Cluster Users list. This list is the only channel of communication from CRC sysadmins regarding maintenance, emergency problems, and information regarding the cluster. You may not opt out of the list.
Access for KUMC Students, Faculty and Staff:
KUMC students who need access to KU Lawrence systems and services (e.g., Blackboard) can complete the KUMC Student Account Request form to request a KU Lawrence Online ID. KUMC faculty and staff automatically receive KU Online IDs for Lawrence campus and do not need to complete the request form.
Graduating or Leaving?
If you are graduating from KU and still need to retain access to the cluster, you will need have your advisor submit a Sponsored Temporary Account. While you will retain access to certain services from 210 days after graduating such as email, you will be automatically removed from all cluster access groups if you do not have a STA requested.
Whomever requests the STA will need to select all 4 Services (KU Online ID, Active Directory/Public Lab Access, KU Email Account, and KU Anywhere (VPN)
The cluster uses your KU Online ID and password.
- SSH: Use SSH2 client to connect to
usernamewith your KU Online ID, and then authenticate with your KU Online ID password. Alternatively, you can set up public-key authentication. SSH connections to
hpc.crc.ku.eduresolve to either of the following login nodes:
- Remote Viz: Remote Viz is the software which allows users to access the cluster using a graphical desktop window. Remote Viz allows users to use a Linux desktop, for those users unaccustomed to working in Unix-like command-line environments.
If you are connecting from any of the University of Kansas' campuses, you may connect as the instructions above show.
If you wish to connect the KU Community Cluster from off campus, you must connect through KU Anywhere. If you have multiple VPN Entitlements, any one of them will work. After successful connection, you may connect as instructed above.